Features and Benefits:
- High potency immune-boosting formula combining herbs traditionally used in Chinese medicine to promote a healthy immune system and build resistance against minor infections.
- May assist in the management of recurrent upper respiratory tract infections , including colds , flu and sore throat.
- Suitable for use throughout winter by adults and children over 2 years old who are prone to recurrent sore throats, colds and flu , and to aid the management of chronic fatigue syndrome.
- When taken after colds and flu, Astra 8™ Immune Tonic may support recovery , enhance energy and vitality , reduce muscle aches , and help rebuild resistance against further minor infections (Taking Cough Lung Tonic at the same time may provide additional benefit when coughing is present).
- Also increases resistance to stress and improves stamina, so is ideal to take when feeling run down.
Fusion teams up with Casey Beros to help boost immune health
How It Works
In Chinese medicine, your Qi (pronounced ‘chee’) is the vital energy or life force that fuels your daily activities, and Defensive Qi is a specific form of Qi responsible for maintaining your resistance against disease. According to this philosophy, a deficiency or imbalance of Defensive Qi may cause you to feel run down, repeatedly catch minor respiratory infections such as colds or flu, or lead to symptoms of sore throat, runny nose, fatigue or poor concentration.
Astra 8™ Immune Tonic combines eight powerful herbal medicines traditionally used to restore and maintain Qi, thus supporting your resistance against minor infections.
Astragalus is a warming herb that restores Qi and supports Lung Qi. Its traditional use as a supportive remedy for those prone to colds is supported by scientific studies showing that it modulates key immune system cells.
Other herbs in Astra 8™ Immune Tonic that support Qi and immune health include:
- Schisandra, traditionally considered particularly beneficial for the Lung organ-meridian (which is responsible for the production and distribution of Defensive Qi)
- Reishi mushroom (also known as Ganoderma), which is traditionally taken to relieve weakness and fatigue , improve stamina, and help reduce susceptibility to recurrent upper respiratory infections
- Siberian ginseng, which may have a modulating effect on key types of immune cells involved in fighting minor infection, while also helping to improve the body’s ability to adapt to stress
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Take 2 tablets once or twice daily.
Children 6-12 years: Take 1-2 tablets once or twice daily.
Children 2-6 years: Take ½-1 tablet once or twice daily. Tablet must be crushed and mixed with syrup or honey.
Take 7-10mL once or twice daily.
Children 6-12 years: Take 5-7mL once or twice daily.
Children 2-6 years: Take 2-5mL once or twice daily.
Dilute each dose in 50mL of water or juice.
For all ages, an extra dose may be taken to enhance results or as professionally advised.
During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements.
Don’t use during acute infection, particularly when fever is present.
|Contains extracts equivalent to dry:|
|Astragalus membranaceus root||3000mg|
|equiv. to polysaccharides 140mg|
|Ligustrum lucidum fruit||1000mg|
|Atractylodes macrocephala root||750mg|
|Codonopsis pilosula root||750mg|
|Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) fruiting body||650mg|
|Eleutherococcus senticosus root||450mg|
|Schisandra chinensis fruit||300mg|
|Glycyrrhiza uralensis (Licorice) root & stolon||100mg|