What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a natural ‘algae’ powder that is high in protein, antioxidants, B-vitamins, and other nutrients. When Spirulina is harvested correctly, from non-contaminated water, it has been noted as one of the most potent nutrient sources available. Spirulina also has high levels of iron that can be good for vegetarians due to it being plant-based.
What Health Properties Does Spirulina Have?
- 65% of Spirulina is Protein and Amino Acids. It includes Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), which is good for reducing inflammation. GLA is very difficult to find in food and usually must be created by the body, so Spirulina is good to help those levels. Spirulina also contains all the Essential Amino Acids.
- Reasonably good concentrations of Omega 3, 6 and 9, but is especially high in Omega-3.
- High Chlorophyll levels, which help remove toxins from the blood and also helps to boost your immune system naturally.
- High levels of bio-available Iron, which can help during pregnancy as well as being a good general boost for those who find that they get a little low.
- A great source of Nutrients such as Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, Vitamin C, D, A, and E. It also contains potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium, and zinc. All of these help to boost your immune system to help you feel even better than before.
- An incredibly high level of calcium that measures up to 26 times more than the levels in milk.
As you can see, Spirulina is packed full of naturally occurring properties that can all help give your body the boost it needs.
How Can I Take Spirulina?
Often, Spirulina comes in either a powder or table form. Depending on how you plan on consuming your Spirulina, you will choose either one. For example, if you are going to add it into a smoothie, powder is probably best. If you are comfortable with taking tablets, then that may work better for you. If you are unsure about what would be best for you, have a chat with us to ask what we recommend for you.
We have a range of Spirulina products, which include the following brands: